To create a digital marketing strategy for a B2B business, a digital marketing consulting must be performed. We need to know where the B2B business is right now, where does it want to be in the future, and how to fill this gap with a reasonable and affordable digital strategy.
To perform a digital marketing consulting for a B2B business, we need to design an ad hoc questionnaire specifically designed for B2B businesses. This ad hoc questionnaire will have several questions about the business, products, services, customers, prospects, competition, marketing and selling methodologies, digital marketing status, digital marketing owned channels, Google marketing products, Google website performance tests, Google webmaster, seo and links guidelines compliance.
Once we have all these information, then we can think about the digital marketing strategy. How should we approach the audience; what channels will we use to deliver the ads and the contents; what type of content should we produce, post and distribute; what type of ads should we deliver; what key phrases should we use in the content production; what will be the engagement strategy.
Then we can execute the strategy, after we have answer all these above questions.
Strategy execution has two phases. Phase one is to design and develop the owned media channels, the Google marketing products, and the compliance with the Google perform tests and guidelines. Phase two is to design and launch the content campaigns and the ads campaigns.
How to create a digital marketing strategy for a B2B business?
- Design an ad hoc questionnaire with questions about the business, products, services, customers, prospects, competition, digital marketing status.
- Analyze the business current situation. Think to produce the strategy.
- Design the digital marketing strategy. Design the message and delivery channels.
- Design and develop the owned media channels (websites, blogs, social networks, email marketing, guest blogs, directory listings); Google marketing products (My Business, Search Console, Analytics, MAPS); Google website performance tests; and Google webmaster, SEO, and links guidelines.
- Design the content strategy and content campaigns
- Design the ads strategy and the ads campaigns.
- Execute the content and ads campaigns.
- Monitor and test the content and ads campaigns engagement analytics, and adjust the campaigns.
This process will eventually warranty the business objective achievement.
This process will eventually warranty the B2B business lead generation objective, and new customers will be obtained in a permanent manner
Position a B2B business in digital media and Internet takes time and effort, but it is worth doing.
You can read our previous article in the following link:
About the Author:
This article was written by Julio Sanoja Rial, CEO, founder and digital marketing consultant at MSalesLeads, a digital marketing agency for B2B businesses. We help small businesses to go and grow their businesses online.