Links to your website is an important variable to rank high in Google search results. Therefore, you need to get links to your website.
Google search algorithm uses links to websites as a variable that shows how trustable is your website and how trustable and useful is your content. Google sees a link to your website as a “vote” for your website.
When the link comes from a very trustable website, Google takes that into consideration, and Google assume that your website is also trustable.
Google search algorithm takes into consideration many variables, more than 200. However, content and links are the two most important variables. Your website needs to have quality and useful content, and your website also needs to have quality incoming links.
How to get quality links to your website?
Links must be earned, and should not be purchased.
How to earn quality links to your website?
I will list some ideas mentioned by Matt Cutts, former head of the web spam team at Google; and, at the end of this article I will post the original Matt Cutts video.
How to earn links to your website, as per Matt Cutts:
- Quality content. Producing and publishing in your WordPress blog good content.
- Controversy. Producing and publishing in your WordPress blog controversy content.
- Participate in community. Answering questions in communities, blogs, forums. Help people.
- Original research. Perform and publish in your WordPress blog some piece of original research and its related data.
- Newsletter. Sending a newsletter to your prospects and customers can generate links to your website.
- Social Media. Participating in social media discussions can generate links to your website.
- Conferences and Webinars. Participate in conferences or webinars might get links to your blog or website.
- Lists. Write and publish lists once in a while might get links to your website. For example: “50 ways to get links to your website”.
- Good piece of advice. “Get a blog and establish yourself as an authority”. Write and publish in your WordPress blog good articles, how´s to, tutorials.
- Offer a free service. Offer a free service in your website might get links to your website.
- Site architecture. Have a good website architecture. This makes it easier to link to your website.
- Videos. Make a few videos and publish them in your website. Good videos might get links to your website.
Here is Matt Cutts video on how to get organic links to your website
Here is Matt Cutts video on how Google search works:
You can read our previous article in the following link:
About the Author:
This article was written by Julio R. Sanoja, owner and founder at MSalesLeads, a digital marketing agency for small and mid-size businesses in Miami, Florida. We help small and mid-size businesses to go and grow their businesses online; position their brands, products and services online; get qualified leads and new customers online. We have been doing this for the last 16 years. You can write me email@example.com or you can call me 305-918-9793. Visit our website www.msalesleads.com