Professionals should have the following owned digital media channels to serve their customers online:
- Website developed with WordPress technology
- Blog developed with WordPress technology
- LinkedIn personal page
- LinkedIn company page
- LinkedIn group page
- SlideShare company page
- Facebook personal page
- Facebook company page
- Facebook group page
- Twitter personal page
- Twitter company page
- Instagram personal page
- Instagram company page
- Google plus personal page
- Google plus company page
- Google My Business page
- Medium personal page
- Quora personal page
- National directories listing
- Local directories listing
- Business Associations listing
- Business Directories listing
- Email newsletter account such as Constant Contact or MailChimp
- Webinar account such as Webex, Adobe Connect, Google HangOuts, Skype, GoToWebinar.
All these digital media channels should be designed and developed with the professional image and logo specifications.
All these digital media channels will be used for several business purposes: create customers and prospects communities, serve and take care of customers and prospects online, and distribute professional content for customers and prospects, build trust.
These digital media channels must have NAP coherence. This means that the professional business Name, Address, and Phone must be the same in all the digital media channels. This is important for Google search ranking.
Content is the most important component of a professional online presence.
There are many types of digital content, such as videos, images, and articles, and all can be used to educate and inspire prospects and customers. However, article is the type of content recommended for professionals.
There are two major benefits with the production and distribution of articles. First, customer and prospects education; and second Google ranking in search results.
Articles should be written either by the subject matter expert or by an expert writer who interview the subject matter expert and research about the article topics.
Articles should be published originally in the professional WordPress Blog, and then should be distributed or posted in all the professional digital channels described above.
Articles should also be distributed in selected local paid media through a PR campaign.
Google marketing products
Professionals should have the following Google marketing products setup and launched in order to improve their online presence, customer and prospects service and Google search ranking:
- Google Gmail account
- Google Search Console
- Google Analytics
- Google AdWords
- Google Tag Manager
- Google My Business with address verification and reviews
- Google MAPS
- Google mobile test compliance
- Google speed test compliance
- Google webmaster guidelines compliance
- Google links guidelines compliance
- Google search guidelines for AMP pages
- Google Attribution 360
- Google AdWords Keyword tool
Professionals should have the following digital advertising campaigns running in a permanent manner:
- Google AdWords search campaign
- Google AdWords display campaign
- Facebook Ads display campaign (optional)
- LinkedIn Ads display campaign (optional)
Professionals will begin to enjoy the improve of the following business areas after these four online presence components are in place running well: Media, Content, Google, and Ads.
- Customer and prospects service.
- Customer and prospects satisfaction.
- Customers and prospects communities.
- Professional brand top of mind awareness.
- Lead generation.
- Market share and revenue.
I hope you find this article useful and interesting for your business and I appreciate if you can share it in your social network pages. Thanks.
You can read our previous article in the following link:
About the Author: